I just pushed online a new version of Systemic Live. Among the new features:
- Users can now easily save and load fits. Just copy and paste the current URL!
- Radial velocity plots can now be “phased” to a given planet. This greatly improves the visualization of radial velocity curves of planets with short period, or multiple planet systems.
- You can now run dynamical integrations right in your browser! See how the semi-major axes and eccentricities of a planetary system change with time, and check whether a planetary system is unstable.
- You can zoom in the power spectrum; as you zoom in, the periods in the chosen range will be sampled more finely for increased precision. Underneath the plot, a list of strong peaks show the most likely candidate periodicities.
- A new “About this star” panel shows some basic information about the selected star (in the future, this will also link to exoplanets.org and similar websites).
- The core has been updated with the most recent version of the Systemic2 code, for improved speed and stability.
Enjoy! I will be posting tutorials showing how to find exoplanets using Systemic Live in the next few days.